Friday, February 6, 2009

Break Up Take 1


Sudden Death Heartbreak

My mending heart was sheltered by hurt, fear, and anger
And then I met you.
Your kindness and warmth seeped through and eroded my walls.
Our love and trust grew and flourished in the light.
I longed to see you, even in a thumbnail on my screen.
Our millionth kiss still made me weak in the knees.
I wanted more...for me...for you...and for our children.
You said you loved me then threw those old bricks at me and ran away.
I made turkey burgers for what I thought would be part 2 of a conversation.
I put your plate on the table and you broke my heart without taking a bite.
On the way out the door, you dropped my house key and your gentle, kind spirit.
Letting go of love isn't supposed to be like ripping off a BandAid.
We waded into what I hoped would be an endless sea.
Or, if not...
I thought we'd wade back out together and part ways on shore as friends.
Instead, you left me alone in deep water.
sad...
and mad...
and shocked...
and confused...
but mostly just sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment