Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Support?

My ex-husband writes a check for the minimum court-mandated amount of child support, wraps it in a folded piece of blank white copy paper, hand writes my name and address and his return address on the envelope, then hands it to my children to give to me on the 5th and the 20th of each month. I'm guessing he has something to do with the fact that whether it's my son or daughter who hand me the envelope, I always hear, "Here's Daddy's money for you."

Over the years, I've asked him to mail the checks. I've made this request in person, on the phone, and via email. He claims that, if he does that, I will not get the checks on time. I stopped asking.

Since we separated approximately 7 1/2 years ago, I've calculated that I've received child support checks this way approximately 90 times. 

So, why does it still piss me off so much?






© 2012, Julie M. Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment